Do you want to know what HTML Pug is? Then you’re at the correct spot. This guide will assist you on how to use HTML Pug.
Continue to read more about what HTML Pug is and how it works.
Pug is a popular HTML preprocessor that allows developers to produce cleaner and more efficient HTML code. This article will examine what HTML Pug is, its merits, and how to utilize it in web development.
Table of Contents
What is HTML Pug? Core Concept
Pug is an HTML preprocessor that allows developers to utilize indentation to signify layering and structure instead of typical HTML syntax. Pug is an open-source program accessible under the MIT license that can be used with most current web development frameworks. This is what is Pug.
Pug simplifies HTML coding by letting developers utilize indentation to express layering and structure, making the code more straightforward and understandable. This results in shorter development times and a lower risk of code problems.
Pug also utilizes Variables and mixins across the project. Changes may be done in a single spot rather than throughout the source, making it easier to manage and update the codebase.
Another advantage of Pug to HTML is its ability to ease the building of complicated HTML structures, like forms and tables, through reduced syntax. This can help developers new to the project or unfamiliar with typical HTML markup comprehend the codebase.
Visit – How to use Pug?
How to Use Pug in Web Development?
Follow these steps to utilize Pug in web development:
Step 1: Install Pug
npm install Pug
Step 2: Set up your project
- Make a new folder for your project and browse it in your terminal.
- Make a new file with the ‘.pug’ extension. This file will contain your Pug code.
- Create a simple HTML file that will be the entry point for your Pug templates. For example, create an `index.html` file and include the following code:
<title>My Pug Website</title>
<!– Pug templates will be rendered here –>
Step 3: Write Pug templates
- Open your ‘.pug’ file and begin typing the Pug code.
- Pug uses indentation to determine the structure of your HTML markup. Make sure you indent your code correctly.
- You can build succinct and tidy HTML code using Pug’s syntax. Instead of ‘div>,’ you might type ‘div.’
- Pug, among other things, provides variables, conditionals, loops, and includes, which may make your templates more dynamic and reusable.
Step 4: Compile Pug templates
- It would help to compile your Pug templates before converting them to HTML. You can accomplish this using either a build tool or the Pug CLI.
- Using a build tool like Gulp or Webpack, you may create a building job to assemble your Pug files.
- To compile your Pug file into HTML using the Pug CLI, open your terminal, browse your project folder, and enter the following command:
npx pug <file-name>.pug –output <output-directory>
Replace `<file-name>.pug` with the name of your Pug file and `<output-directory>` with the directory where you want the compiled HTML file to be saved.
See also: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of HTML
Step 5: Include the compiled HTML
- Once you convert the Pug templates into HTML, you may use a script tag or a suitable technique provided by your web framework to include them in your ‘index.html’ file (or any other HTML file).
- For example, if you compiled your Pug file and saved it as ‘index.html,’ you may include it in your ‘index.html’ file by using the following code:
<title>My Pug Website</title>
<!– Include the compiled HTML –>
Step 6: Serve your website
- You may now serve your website via a web server or access your browser’s ‘index.html’ file.
- If you don’t open the produced HTML files directly, configure your web server to serve them.
That’s all! Pug has now been installed and utilized in your web development project. Pug’s solid capabilities and succinct syntax might assist you in writing more clean and manageable HTML code. So this is all about what HTML Pug is.
See also: HTML Tags — List Of All HTML Tags With Examples
Pug goes where in HTML?
Make a new pen, then go to Settings > HTML and pick Pug as your preprocessor. You can enter Pug code into the HTML pane and see the results emerge in real-time.
What is the purpose of Pug?
It is a simple template engine used to write HTML more legibly. One advantage of PUG is that it enables developers to create reusable HTML pages by dynamically retrieving data from the API.
Why was HTML created?
HTML was created mainly to allow for the connecting of web content. Compared to other digital formats largely used for textual document-like material, HTML has been expanded to include embedded audio and video and the construction of interactive apps.
Is Pug considered a programming language?
Audrey Tang created Pugs, a compiler and interpreter for the Raku programming language, on February 1, 2005. (Raku was known as Perl 6 at the time.) Pugs work is now on hold, with most Raku implementation efforts focused on Rakudo.
What exactly is the PUG script?
Is Pug equivalent to HTML?
PUG is a template engine focusing on simplicity and expressiveness, whereas HTML is the standard markup language for building web pages.
What are the advantages of utilizing the Pug template?
It provides good code maintainability as well as a tight code style. It is handy when dealing with a larger group of people and feels amazing. PUG also enhances my SublimeText coding productivity by 20%.
Is it possible to utilize CSS with Pug?
First, add the style snippet to use inline CSS styling in Pug. Then, everything that follows is interpreted as CSS. The header, jumbotron, and footer files are all included in the body.
How many tags are there in HTML?
Several HTML tags may be used to assist you in building your web page. In HTML, four tags are necessary: the HTML tags, title, head, and body.
What is the most significant HTML tag?
Doctype, html>, head>, and body> are the most significant tags for an HTML document. The doctype declaration type is a doctype used to define the HTML version the document is utilizing.
Pug is a sophisticated HTML preprocessor that allows developers to utilize indentation to signify nesting and structure rather than typical HTML syntax.
Advantages of using it include achieving clearer and more efficient code, enabling the flexibility to reuse variables and mixins, and facilitating the ease of developing complicated HTML structures. Pug is a wonderful place to start if you want to simplify your HTML coding. We hope you liked this article on what HTML Pug is.
You can always find me playing the piano or playing FIFA when I’m not binge-watching TV Series with pizzas. Fountainhead of TechWhoop. Life motto: The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.