While creating test scripts using Java for quality assurance, you should follow the rules of Java automation frameworks. This set of regulations decides the structure of the whole testing cycle and the formulation of blueprints for the entire process. Some of the best Java Automation Framework Tools are Selenium, Junit, TestNG, SerenityBDD, Mockito, Cucumber, JBehave, etc.
Now you will know about some of the best automation testing frameworks for Java with their specific features. After that, you can select the best one according to your need.
Table of Contents
List of Java automation framework
These are some of the best automation framework tools of Java. Let’s discuss these java-based automation tools in a detailed manner.
Java selenium framework is an open-source tool for the automation testing of web applications of various platforms. It is the most widely accepted automation tool, free to use and platform-independent. It comes with its own Web Driver and Grids, which enhance the automation tests on different web browsers. Selenium can be used with Python just like it can be used with Java.
Features of Selenium:
- Selenium provides better integration options and ease of access for test creation.
- It supports multiple browsers and multiple languages with other various frameworks.
- This particular framework provides frequent updates for smoother testing.
- In addition, it is easier to implement.
The usage of the Junit framework tool is for unit testing of an application. It is pre-written before the actual codes during the test-driven approach. After the developer writes any code, the test cases are run before the code spinnet. The test cases are run repeatedly after every new code entry. Among other Java Automation Framework Tools, it is better than others as being faster and more efficient.
Features of JUnit:
- It supports test assertions.
- Testing is faster than others.
- It has the feature of self-verifying test cases.
- It gets support in many IDEs like VScode and IntelliJ IDEA.
JUnit and NUnit frameworks inspired this framework tool. But a more efficient and better version of them altogether. It is one of the most versatile frameworks as it performs all activities like unit testing, functional tests, integration test, etc.
Features of TestNG:
- It supports parallel testing.
- TestNG provides a log-generation feature.
- This framework is capable of creating HTML reports post-testing.
- You can set the test case execution priority.
Serenity is a behavior-driven testing framework tool. This framework lets you write clean-structured, high-quality regression tests. It can amplify the functionality of web drivers. It is one of the best open-source frameworks tools for acceptance testing solutions.
Features of Serenity:
- It can support many acceptance testing solutions at the same time.
- This framework can quickly creates a report document after the testing.
- It is easier to integrate this tool with other frameworks.
Java-based automation testing framework that works with the selenium driver. It also supports behavior-driven development. You can generate reports in text format, XML, or HTML format through its reporting feature.
Feature of JBehave:
- Its documentation feature is quite good.
- Same as TestNG, it is quick to create an HTML report after testing.
- It is efficient and quite easy than other frameworks to use.
- It also supports integration with JUnit Framework.
What is a Java automation framework?
Java automation frameworks are a set of rules that should be followed while creating test scripts using Java for quality assurance. This set of rules decides the structure of the whole testing cycle and the formulation of blueprints for the whole process.
Which tool is used for the Java unit testing framework?
JUnit framework is used for the unit-testing framework. It is an open-source automation framework tool. Among other Java Automation Framework Tools, it is better than others as being faster and more efficient.
What kind of framework is TestNG?
The TestNG is a multi-testing framework tool providing unit testing, functional testing, integration testing, etc. It is a better version of JUnit and NUnit altogether.
These are some of the best java automation framework tools developers can use during the quality assurance of softwares. Some of the best Java-based tools provide testing services of all kinds, like unit, functional, and integration testing.